THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Double Post 1 (UBF Mooncake Festival Celebration)

I have never written a double post before, I guess this means more work to me!! But anyway, I think it will all be worth while since it is all happy experiences or I rather would say enjoyable moments of my life.

OK, I am still very tired from this last night lack of sleep, this morning's Physics Lab examination and this afternoon's outing to Sunway Pyramid. So, I don't want to be long winded, I'll just get to the point. First up will be UniTEN's Buddhist Fellowship (UBF) Mooncake Festival celebration event on 1st October 2009. It was held in the College Of Information Technology's garden around 8pm when the event truly started.

Well, we played a game, where we must not laugh no matter how the opposition makes faces or sounds, but if we were unable to make other people laugh, there would be a punishment which is drinking bitter tea. So, its easy for me since I can control my expressions well, but I too got busted out of sympathy for my friend at the last second. Nevermind, I din't care that I was "it", all I had to do was to make someone laugh and I'll be free from punishment. First I look for my friend, Alan, but he wouldn't laugh, oh well, then someone susggest to me to take a soft target, a girl. OK, I looked for a victim, and I said in a very romantic tone " Honey, I love you". It worked perfectly, she laughed and I was free from punishment~


The game dragged on until the time for the next event. For those who did not laugh or get screwed by other people then came out and introduce themselves one by one. Then they sang songs with relation to the mooncake festival which I have never heard before!! Nevertheless, I just enjoyed the music like I would do with any other. Then, we lighted up the lotus made out of many numerous candles, it was just beautiful. We heard the talk about relations of the lighting candle lights to our life. Well, there are some facts there too and some I just cannot accept. For example, when the speaker said that we need other people to light us or when our fire is out, we can borrow other people's light. BUT, I cannot rely on to my friends too much. There are just somethings we have to face alone. 



After that, it was free activity! We ate mooncakes, and a whole lot of snacks!!! We played lantern also!!! Don't say it is childish, but instead, it is tradition. There was even a karaoke session among some of us. Haha. Someone played the guitar so we sang a lot so songs!! Haha, we sang Tong Hua, Love Story, Better Man, When You Say Nothing At All and a lot more. It was really an enjoyable night to remember. Everyone was laughing, chilling and sharing the same interest, the night really was lively. Its like having your own family in UniTEN.


I'll upload some of the photos here later, but the rest will be on facebook. Here is the link :
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112690&id=747523492&saved#/album.php?aid=112690&id=747523492

0 comments: